Thursday, December 13, 2007

Day Two's Random Photo



Today's random photo is of the stairs in my house. Aren't they exciting? No? Really?

Well, for me, stairs are kind of like the white picket fence dream. All my life I've lived in apartments, completely flat apartments, so I've always dreamed of a house with stairs. When Andrew and I moved into this home, I spent months playing a little game: I would climb up the top stairs and call out to Andrew:


-Hey Andrew!
-What?
-Guess what?
-What?

-I'm upstairs!

Sometimes, I would climb downstairs, and call out:

-Hey Andrew!
-What?
-Guess what?
-What?
-I'm downstairs!

Hysterical laughter followed- at least on my part. Andrew, the kind man, would just smile and try not to roll his eyes.

I've now lived in this place for over two years, and I still really love my stairs. They are as white picket fence great as I always thought they were. I love the fact that my home has levels! The upstairs is the private area, the bedrooms; the main floor is for entertaining; and the basement, which is furnished, is a fun rec room. Plus, I discovered a fantastic benefit to stairs: they make a great bookshelf! All of my overflow of books stack so nicely up the sides of my staircase


Ah, bliss!

1 comment:

Wild Woman said...

Your heaven my hell!
Love Momma