Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Silly Questions

Have you ever gotten one of those "Getting to Know You" questionnaires in your email? They're filled with strange and obscure questions about you and your life. Well, I am a bit of a sucker for them. For some reason, I just love to fill them out. Nine times out of ten, I've answered the questions before, but I just can't help it, I have to answer it! I just got another one in my inbox, and I decided it would be fun to post it on my blog. If you like it, copy the questions in a blog or email of your own, and have some fun!

1. What time time did you get up this morning?
8:35 a.m., very reluctantly, because I went to sleep at 3 a.m.

2. Diamond or pearls?
Diamonds make me nervous and pearls, while lovely, aren't something I wear often. Give me costume jewelry anytime.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
The Golden Compass

4. What is your favorite TV show?
Law and Order: Special Victims Unit

5. What do you usually have for breakfast?
Whatever is quick and fast, right now Pop Tarts

6. What is your middle name?
Shhh.. it's a secret, but as a little hint, according to the Beatles, its all you need!

7. What food do you dislike?
Spinach, yucky, yucky!

8. What is your favorite CD at the moment?
Oh sure, ask a tough one! I'm currently listening to A Fine Frenzy

9. What kind of car do you drive?
A very old beater car- I have duct tape holding up my windows!

10. Favorite Sandwich?
BLT, minus the L.

11. What characteristic do you despise?
The inability to accept those who are different than you are.

12. Favorite item of clothing?
I have a totally rockin' red dress I am just dying to wear somewhere! Otherwise, I love a good pair of jeans and a comfortable shirt.

13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
Rome, to walk among the ruins and speak the ancient language I learned so long ago (back in High School)- yes, I did study Latin.

14. Favorite brand of clothing?
Whatever is on sale! Why pay full price?

15. Where would you retire to?
Where ever I feel home is.

16. What was you most recent memorable birthday?
This past birthday. My Grandmother got me tickets to my favorite musical, Phantom of the Opera, my Mom got a signed copy of one of my favorite books, Until I Find You by John Irving, Andrew took me away for a lovely trip, and Fate gave me my precious Rag Doll cat that I have been dreaming of for years.

17. Favorite sport to watch?
What is a sport?

18. Furthest place you are sending this?
To the vast wide plains of the Internet!

19. Person you expect to send this back first?
No clue! Surprise me!

20. When is your birthday?
Shhh.. it's another secret, but I am a Virgo to the core.

21. Are you a morning person or a night person?
I am a totally ridiculous night owl.

22. What is your shoe size?
Depends on the shoe. Believe it or not, I have shoes in sizes 6 to 8, and they all fit. As a result, I hate shoe shopping.

23. Pets?
I have three adorable, lovable cats: Octavian, Pompey and Caesar.

24. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us?
I just found not one, but two copies of Harry Potter written in Welsh at my favorite used bookstore, on the clearance rack. Andrew and I collect foreign editions of the Harry Potter books, so we were so totally jazzed! So, how awesome is that?

25. What did you want to be when you were little?
An author, and I still want to be one!

26. How are you today?
Very, very tired. I've been working a lot of overtime, enjoying it, too, because the work is fun, but I am going on my seventh straight day of work, and I still have four more days to go! A nap sounds really nice right now!

27. What is your favorite candy?
Depends on the day, but generally turtles/pixies or twixs.

28. What is your favorite flower?
I love all flowers but daffodils. Daffodils are evil, evil flowers (I'm allergic to them!). Yucky daffodils!

29. What is a day of the calendar you are looking forward to?
February 15th, half price chocolate day (chocolate only tastes good when its half off!). Yummy!

30. What is your full name?
The Witty Librarian

31. What are you listening to right now?
Amy Winehouse's You Know I'm No Good- man, what a fantastic voice she has!

32. What was the last thing you ate?
A bagel and cream cheese

33. Do you wish on stars?
Yes- never stop wishing and hoping.

34. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Depending on the day, the color changes. Today I am Sapphire Blue.

35. How is the weather right now?
Who knows? I haven't looked out a window recently.

36. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
My Mom

37. Favorite soft drink?
Caffeine Free Pepsi

38. Hair color?
Brunette

39. Favorite Restaurant?
A little Italian restaurant in our town.

40. What was your favorite toy as a child?
A stuffed Care Bear I called Baby Tugs, but was really named Baby Hugs

41. Summer or winter?
Winter, all snowy and fluffy and magical!

42. Hugs or Kisses?
Hugs!

43. Chocolate or Vanilla?
Vanilla

44. Coffee or tea?
Tea, Jasmine tea specifically.

45. Do you want your friends to email you back?
Always!

46. When was the last time you cried?
Tears of frustration Saturday afternoon as, once again, the computer program I was working on decided it hated me. Computers can be so mean.

47. What is under your bed?
Extra blankets, a tub of cat toys and supplies, and a lot of books!

48. What did you do last night?
Played in the snow with Andrew

49. What are you afraid of?
Spiders! Creepy Crawly Things send me into shivers and fits!

50. Salty or Sweet?
Salty.

51. How many keys on your key ring?
Too many to count!

52. How many years at your current job?
Going on 3 years and loving it!

53. Favorite day of the week?
Any day of the week I can spend with my loved ones!

54. How many towns have you lived in?
Who knows? I lost track years ago!

55. Do you make friends easily?
I don't know. Would you be my friend?

56. How many people will you send this to?
No clue!

57. How many will respond?
No clue!

3 comments:

Wild Woman said...

Here's another silly question. Why don't you call your Mother more often?

andie said...

How was The Golden Compass? And where is this fab used bookstore? I must know!

And I know what you were doing at 3am, you bad girl! You're supposed to at least be having fun if you're up at that hour!

Spirit Bear said...

I filled out the survey, but I don't know what I did with it. Did I send it to you?