Thursday, February 14, 2008

HTML Dreams

Lately, I've been having the strangest dreams. In my dreams, I'm always facing a computer screen, typing in streams and streams of html.
Have you ever seen html? It’s not pretty. I dream of :
< /div >
< href = " www.somethingoranother.com ">
< /p >
<>
< src=" somethingisstrange.jpg">

and lots of other gobbley-gook that gets stranger and stranger the longer I dream.

Why are my dreams obsessed with html? Well, for the past month, my working days have been filled with nothing but html. I was recently asked to help set up and design the online portion of my library's new catalog.

Our new system uses a mixture of custom code and standard html, and it’s been a frustrating but rewarding task to figure out how to piece together the various parts to obtain the effect that I want. It’s like one very large jigsaw puzzle, and I have to find the right size pieces. In order to get this up and running, I've been working 12 hour days, and coming in on the weekends. And the crazy thing is, although I am tired and exhausted, although I get frustrated and grumble, I'm having a blast! I love a challenge, and this is a huge one.

Yet, apparently, I've been dealing with html for so long now that it has infiltrated my dreams!

Now, I suppose my dreams of html wouldn't be so bad if it was just random streams of strange html, but often, after one of my strange, haunting html dreams, I go into work and actually try out the html code I dreamed of! The scary thing- a few times, the code has worked!

Now, if only I could dream of winning lottery numbers, then life would be really fun!

Happy dreaming!

No comments: