Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Giving Thanks

Since it is the time for giving thanks, I would like to share with you, my dear readers, those precious things for which I am thankful for this year.

Always, I am thankful for Andrew. He is warm and kindhearted, he brings joy and laughter into my life each sweet day.

I am thankful for my mother, who over the years has become more than a parent but my best friend.

I am thankful for my grandmother who gives my family strength and love us all wholeheartedly.

I am thankful for my father who reaches out across the miles to connect with me.

I am thankful for my in laws, who have made me feel welcomed in their family.

I am thankful to my friends and family, for being such wonderful people in all their many ways.

I am thankful for having a job I love and working with people who are more than just co-workers, but friends.

I am thankful for my sweet little cats who provide love and comfort every day.

I am thankful for all the little things in life that pass by each day, almost without notice: the comfort of my house on a cool fall day, the endless stacks of books waiting to be read, the sound of the rain falling on leafs outside, the beauty of a blue cloudless sky, the delicious scent of pies baking, and so much more that passes by day by day.

And I am thankful to you, my dear readers, for taking time out of your day to share some time with me.

Take care, and have a joyous holiday.

3 comments:

Wild Woman said...

Ok you made me cry. And I am thankful for you my daughter, my friend.
Love Momma

Spirit Bear said...

you are a dear person and a kind friend. I am thankful for you and Andrew as well. Whenever you are around the sun starts to shine! Also, thank you for all you have done to help me this year. Working with you is so much fun.

Lindahl News 2 said...

We are all so thankful to have you at Cook.